April 4, 2009

Ezra's First Soccer Game

First- I am going private sooner or later I just need to not be lazy and do it :)
And now on to blogging...
Getting ready to start the game.

Go team!

Ezra and I after the game.

Notice that there are not any game pictures of Ezra.
Today was Ezra's first soccer game and my first game that I coached. We had to wake up nice and early to be there ready to play at 8. I woke up and watched the weather report and thought to myself oh crap, this is going to be fun. It was in its 50's and super windy... sigh. When we got there it was freezing. The wind was chillin my bones. Ezra immediately started whining which shortly turned into to crying with snot running all down his face. Once we figured out what field we were on we started to get things ready. I look around and most of the kids are crying because they can't feel their body. If you haven't got the point, it was ridiculously windy! Once the game finally started there were only a couple kids on our team that wanted to play. It was slightly chaotic but I had a ton of fun and laughed a lot. The other team was really good. Let's just say they probably started playing once they came out of the womb. I think they scored a goal every time they got the ball... which was every play. YEAH. Oh and don't worry Ezra maybe played for 1 whole min and by played I mean he stood on the field crying. I definitely know what we need to work on during practices now. I think our team did awesome! I am so proud of them for stickin it out. One thing, I think it can only get better because we played the best team, had the earliest time and the worst weather. GOOO Kick N Little's!









2 comments:

Marina said...

What an adventure! Way to have a positive attitude, Ms. Stanley. That's such a step up for you! ;) LOL. JK... Sounds like a memorable experience, for sure!

Amy said...

What a good mom that you are! I am down to be the team mom but I don't think that I would ever coach!