January 26, 2010

Something to share

My cousin Vanessa is a Postpartum Support International Nevada Co-Coordinator. That's a mouth full. Anyways, I think this information is definitely worth passing on. I actually wish I would have known about this after I had Ezra. Below is what she posted on her blog. If you have any questions, you can email her or if you want you can contact me and I can get information for you.

After quite a few months of preparing and getting things all squared away, I am finally a Postpartum Support International Nevada Co-Coordinator. I am so excited to be able to help others through my own experience! And Postpartum International is an amazing nonprofit organization. They have so much information and offer amazing support and resources for those suffering during and after pregnancy. I have learned a lot and only wish I had known about PSI when I was experiencing postpartum depression.

As a volunteer co-coordinator, I am holding postpartum support meetings twice a month for mothers experiencing mood disorders during and after pregnancy. I am so grateful for this opportunity and pray I can help others.

The following are the details of the support meetings. Please pass this information on to any who may need it.

1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, 7pm – 8pm
Starting in February

The OB/GYN Specialists
2050 Mariner Dr., Ste. 120
Las Vegas, NV 89128

For more information contact:
Vanessa Delorenzis
Delorenzis2002@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Amy said...

How nice. I suffered from post-partum depression with 2 of my 3 babies. Having a support system that knew what I was going through would have been nice!

April said...

Wow, that's great! I wish that I had known about that organization too. I suffered from PPD after all three of my girls were born, and living so far away from family it was hard. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely pass it on.

Vanessa said...

Nicole!!! I had no idea you were going to share this.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

It was a pleasant surprise to open up your blog and find this post.

Thank you for your support and for passing on the information. :)

Vanessa said...

And I meant to type that it means a lot to me.

Love you!