
One of my goals for the new year is to read more. I just got done reading The Alchemist for the first time. I feel like I was the last person on Earth to read this book. It was fantastic! Loved it! If by some chance there is someone out there who hasn't read this book yet, I highly recommend it. Also, I would love some recommendations. My sister just gave me Bridget Jone's Diary. She said she laughed out loud a lot. So I just started that. Let me know what your favorite books are so I can read them too.
January 3, 2010
Goals
Posted by Boren Family at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I loved
my sisters keeper by jodi piccoult'
the secret life of bees
and
Memoirs of a geisha
Have a good read!
I love recommendations for new books to read. You are not the only one who hasn't read the Alchemist. I will have to check that one out.
One of my favortie reads is a Thousand Splendid Suns.
I must say I like Jodi Piccoults books too! I know there are a ton of books I like but right now I can't think of an amazing one. I'll try. I loved your post about the decathlon. I so want to start taht tradition too. Looks like tons of fun so I'm going to steal it!
I loved all of the Dean Hughs books in the series "Children of the Promise" and "Hearts of the Children." I'm horrible at reading too. I rent them on Cd from the library and listen to them in my car! I haven't read "The Alchemist" yet either...maybe I'll see if the library has it on CD :)
I am currently reading a book. And I don't read much so it'll take me a month or so to get through this book. But I have not read the book you're recommending. I think I'll download a copy of it Book On CD style and listen to it. Otherwise time will pass and I'll forget all about the book.
Read The Hunger Games. It is juvenile literature so it will be a quick read but it is really entertaining. I have it so come and borrow it from me sometime. Also, I have My Sisters Keeper which is good and The Lovely Bones which is also really good.
I agree with Jodi Piccoult and The Hunger Games recommendations. I also just read "Sundays at Tiffany's." It was totally predictable but great!
Girl, you gotta get on goodreads.com and create an account!!! It's like Facebook for readers. It's free, and I'll bet there are some people on there that you already know. You can see their lists of recently read books, their favorites, and get/give recommendations for books. One of my New Year's resolutions is to read one book per month, and this site has been great with helping me do that. By the way, The best book I read last year was "A Train to Potevka".
Get on goodreads!
"In her shoes is a good one" I can't remember the first name but the last name is weiner and of course you've had to of read the twilight series..
Ditto Dianne about Goodreads. Find me on there! I haven't read the Alchemist yet, I'll have to add that to my list.
I second recommendation about The Hunger Games & Catching Fire (2nd book in the series, the 3rd is coming out this year), fabulous series!
Post a Comment