June 4, 2009

Today

Today was Ezra's day. I decided I would do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. I would drop whatever I was doing at the moment and give him 110% of my attention. We read 1 book about 20 times in a row, had a dance party, played in Lincoln's crib, played outback, went to Walmart, wrapped a b-day gift for his friend, cuddled and played on the computer all before 11:00. I CAN NOT tell you how well behaved Ezra was today. It makes me feel bad that all I need to do is give the kid more attention. Make sense:) Now, I know not everyday I can devote all my time to him but my new goal is to really spend quality time together every single day. Sometimes my days get away from me and I realize all Ezra and I did together was be in the same room. Sad, I know! I need to remember he is only going to be 3 once and I need to cherish these times together. Before I know it, he will be a teenager and will be to "cool" to hang out with mom. Here are some pics from the day...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun that you got to just play! It is so hard being a mom sometimes because it is so easy to forget to spend quality one on one time with them.Life just gets crazy with everything else we have to do, cleaning, cooking, laundry, bills...! You are such a great mom Nicole, Ezra and Lincoln are both very lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina said...

omg, that exhausted me just reading that! You go, girl!!!

Brigg and Dianne said...

How nice! It's sad to think that some days we really get too busy to just spend a few minutes with our kids. So glad you had a fun day!

Amy said...

Way to go Nicole! Somedays I too am guilty of not doing anything with my kids except occupy the same space.

Kristina said...

Your kids are so cute!! I have the same problem. Being a mom can be hard at times. Hey are you guys coming up for Kayla's wedding?

Kristina said...

Your kids are so cute!! I have the same problem. Being a mom can be hard at times. Hey are you guys coming up for Kayla's wedding?

April said...

That's so neat that you did that. I know that it's impossible to do that every day, but once in a while is really good! I bet he loved it. I noticed on Sunday how tall he has gotten all of the sudden!