April 9, 2013

Last day of Spring Break

Calico Ghost Town
On our last day of our 6 day trip in Cali we stopped in Calico Ghost Town. I had never even heard of it. Aaron's sister suggested we all go. I was hesitant only because I was ready to get home and I didn't want a huge detour but come to find out it's right off the 15 by Barstow. You can actually see if from the freeway. I've made the drive to Cali loads of times and never even notice. Shows how observant I am. Well, we spent about 3 hours there in 90 degree weather and had a lot of fun. It was a good way to end vacation. For all you Vegas folks, it's similar to Bonnie Springs but it's an actual legit ghost town.

We walked through and old mine shaft. Way cool.
Saw some extremely old houses.
Went on a train ride with cousins
Sifted (not sure that's the exact term, whatever) for gold

 and our attempt at a family picture. This is only one we got all trip!




0 comments: