July 20, 2011

I'm trying really hard to deal with all the crap life has been throwing my way lately. It's okay to cry every once and a while, right? Well, I hate crying so I'm over it:) The scriptures have been on my mind the past little while so why is it so hard for me to read on a regular basis, I don't know but it is. Doesn't make much sense to me either. My goal.... read everyday. EVERYDAY! I need that spiritual uplift everyday. So, with that said there are two scriptures I want to share. I'm not trying to be all churchy but this is for me.

D&C 24:8 Be apatient in bafflictions, for thou shalt have many; but cendure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the dend of thy days.

D&C:7-8 My son, apeace be unto thy soul; thine badversity and thine afflictions shall be but a csmall moment;
And then, if thou aendure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy bfoes.


I love the scriptures. Makes my heart happy.

Just for record. I'm fine. My family is fine. Everything is fine. I have so much to be grateful for. More so than I deserve. I just don't think I handle stress very well.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It IS okay to cry sometimes! Life just sucks for no great reason. Reading my scriptures really helped me through some of the moments when I felt like that. Even if it was just one comforting verse that I read everyday.

loves2spin said...

Of course it's ok to cry. You can't help but feel that way sometimes. It's natural and to be expected. Those are both great scriptures. Elder Richard G. Scott have a wonderful talk during the last General Conference, "The Power of the Scriptures." I know it would resonate with you.