May 15, 2010

The happiest place on Earth!

Disneyland was a blast! It was the kids 1st time going. My parents took our family as a graduation gift to Aaron. We had a great time. One thing that made it great, was the fact that I was in a wheel chair because of my foot. Which means we got to go to the front of the line for everything! It was awesome! Also, I have two funny stories to share, well I think they are funny. So, we went on the Toy story ride. The one where you shoot things and get points. Yeah, that one. When you go to get on the ride it never stops moving so you have to be paying attention. I got on 1st with Lincoln, then my parents, then my brother and Ezra and then Aaron. Well, Aaron didn't want to sit by himself so, he thought he could sneak up to me without anyone noticing. As soon as he got out of his seat, alarms went off and the ride shut down. Everyone was staring at us and the workers started yelling at Aaron. One screamed "you can get kicked out of the park for that!" and the other one yelled "you broke my ride!" HA! It was so awkward but so funny. Needless to say he didn't get kicked out and the ride wasn't broken, it just shut down for a few mins. Way to go Aaron :) The other story is more about how great of a mom I am. HA! All I wanted to do was go on the Haunted Mansion. The last time I went to Disneyland, I was like 7 and I remember that being my FAVORITE ride. So, naturally I took my kids on it. Um... who would have thought the Haunted Mansion would actually be scary, right? Sometimes, I'm a little slow. Before the ride even starts you get into an elevator and the lights turn off and someone screams. Well, obviously a 1 year old and a 4 year old aren't going to like that. They both started crying and didn't let go of us the whole time. The whole ride all I could think about was what a crappy mom I was. I'm pretty sure they are going to have nightmares because of that. Mom of the year award right here! Other than that we had a wonderful time. Thanks mom and dad for the fun trip!

A whole bunch of random pictures we took throughout the day
Lincoln loved it's a small world so much he fell asleep! HA! I forgot how annoying that ride is.Ezra LOVED the castle
The day wouldn't have been complete without Mickey ears and swords
This was Ezra 10 mins into the car ride home

8 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

We're taking Kenzie in June. Any tips? So jealous you got to go to the front of all the rides, I'm a little stressed about entertaining an energetic toddler in all those long lines!

Boren Family said...

Seriously come get my boot I'm in:)Rent a wheel chair and you're good to go :)

Amy said...

Disneyland always makes for some amazing memories! I was cracking up reading that you took your kids on the Haunted Mansion and then I realized that when we went last year I took my 4 & 6 year old - oops! They didn't freak out so maybe you will be okay :)

CakeMom said...

That's awesome you got to go with your family. Ster and I had a blast last Spring when we went to Disneyland with his family! I'm glad you got some fun photos!

Nate and Jamie said...

Of course you had a fabulous time you were at the happiest place on earth, right?? :) It looks like a total blast. Don't worry about the Haunted Mansion thing, I'm sure they won't be terrorized for ever. :)

Alli Waldron said...

Don't you love going to Disneyland as a parent? I thought it was awesome! BTW, I took Vance on haunted mansion too. He didn't like it but he didn't freak out either. I told my mom I had to make sure he was gonna be tough ;) Vance fell asleep on Small World too. I think it's such a long ride with that super repetitive song! I'm glad you guys had fun. Congrats on graduation!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I laughed so hard at both your stories. thats amazing. You rock as a mom and I would have probably done the same thing. :) Glad aaron could keep the workers on their toes too. So funny!!!!

Brigg and Dianne said...

So jealous!!! I'm so glad you guys got to go!!!