April 13, 2010

blah blah blah

When I'm overwhelmed I shut down and don't do anything. Then I get myself into a funk. My house gets nasty and I look at it and want to clean but my body is in shut down mode, so I don't. Right now as I type this I have loads of laundry that need to be done. My bathroom is just nasty. The boys room has so much crap on the floor. So instead of picking it up, I made a pathway. Don't judge me. Don't get me started on my room. Yeah, I disgust myself. Then at the end of the day I think of all the things I could have done and realize what a waste of a day that was. Needless to say I have been overwhelmed and so here I am. Why oh why do I do this. Okay, there it is folks. I'm not perfect. HA like anyone thought that anyways but really this is one thing I need to kick in the butt. Yuck... sorry this was a total Debby Downer post.

5 comments:

April said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! We all have those days or even weeks. It's okay, really. Life is so fast and takes so much out of us, we need days like that to re-coup. If I feel like that, sometimes I just force myself to start doing some little chore, anything, just to get myself out of the slump. It helps me get back into the grove. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we just need down days.

Unknown said...

Oh girl, I feel ya! I am sorry you're in a funk! I think we need to have a girls night out soon! I know I could use one! :)

Amy said...

It must be the week. I spent most of Monday looking for things to do that sounded semi-productive so that I didn't have to feel as bad about not doing what I normally accomplish that day.

Alli Waldron said...

I always feel like this. Luckily Chad is amazing and almost always does the cleaning. If it wasn't for him our house would be seriously dirty! Good luck on getting motivated.

Megan said...

This is why we need to hang out this week. I am totally free whenever, except Friday night. So seriously, call me!!!