March 10, 2010

50 Mile Relay

Last Sat. I ran in a 50 mile relay. There were 5 girls on our team and we each had to run two legs that equaled 10 miles. My first leg was 6.1 miles and my pace came out to about a 9.40 mile. Now that might not be great for a runner but it was AWESOME for me! The second leg was 4 miles and I averaged almost an 11 min mile. That wasn't great but in my defense that was the farthest I have ever run in one day. So, pat on the back to me :) I'm not going to lie, I am so proud of myself. Now I am totally hooked on running. I am doing the Red Rock Relay in Sept. and I can't wait. If you are wondering what that is, go to www.redrockrelay.com and check it out. Get a team together and try to beat my team! Anyways, I only got a few pictures with my camera. I am waiting on the other pictures right now.

Go team

Coming in after my first run.

Rorie and I with our beautifully decorated car. Thank you

Apparently when I am exhausted, I tend to kick my ankle. In my second leg I couldn't stop kicking it and everytime I did I would yell really loud and a couple times I may have even said son of a ... you can guess what comes next :)
Oh and I have to add (for journal purposes) one of my New Year's Resolutions was to do something I have never done before. And here it is, Run in a Relay! Yeah, one New Year's resolution down.

7 comments:

Susan said...

That is GREAT!!! Wow! Your hair is so long! I have never been a runner...more power to ya : )

Amy said...

I am in awe of anyone that runs for fun! I just can't get into it.

I was thinking about you today. we need to get together - I haven't seen you in forever.

Megan said...

You are so amazing. Seriously, it kind of makes me tired just looking at those pictures of you running. Haha. Just kidding. I wish I was motivated like you. Man, I am so lazy!! Seriously though, awesome job on the run!!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

Good for you Nicole. I have done tbe ankle kicking thing too. It hurts and is so annoying.

J and Heather said...

You go girl!!!!! I am so excited for the Red Rock Relay. OH and 9.40 minute miles is so AWESOME. I wish I could do that. Running isn't a strength of mine but I like it. hehehehe

Sew It To Me said...

Go Nicole! You are so awesome. You should be bragging about yourself. My friend and I have been running and we are like, "HOW does anyone run 26 miles?!" And you have run way more than I ever have in a day! Congrats.

Ooh, and you look so skinny too! I'm jealous.

Ticey said...

congrats on the great run! glad you had fun with it. better watch out, you're gonna be a running machine after this :-)