November 14, 2009

Huh...

Man, lately I have had some really great things to blog about and then when it comes down to it... blah. When I actually have time to sit down and blog, I don't want to anymore. Is that lame or what?? But I have a pretty fantastic story to tell. I couldn't pass this up.
Aaron and I (or more like Aaron) have made it a tradition to run the Northern Exposure 10k every year. It was today so, of course, we went. Anyways there were booths set up with people handing out free stuff. I don't pass up free stuff so I headed over there to see what they had. A lady handed me advance screening tickets to go see that movie Plant 51. It doesn't come out until next week so we decided to go watch it. And did I mention it was free! We thought it would be nice to have Ezra time so we dropped Lincoln of at my parents and headed out. The movie was kinda lame. Ezra fell asleep for half of it and I dozed off a few times too. Okay, so the movie is over and we get up to leave and I step into the isle. A little kid was running down the stairs so I decided to move out of his way and somehow lost my footing and tumbled down the stairs. Somehow I twisted and hit my head then my tailbone. Lucky for me, (not for her) an older woman was in front of me so she prevented me from falling all the way down the stairs. No, I didn't knock her down! I landed on my back with my head on the lower part of the stairs with my feet higher. SERIOUSLY!? Aaron didn't even know what was going on but as soon as he realized it was me on the floor he laughed. I think he actually made sure I was okay and then laughed. Hahahaha and so did I! I mean really, I'm sure it was comical to watch. My tailbone is pretty dang sore. Hopefully you all can get a laugh at that too! Unfortunately, I have endless stories similar to this one. I struggle :0

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hahahah.....oh man. Clumsy. So clumsy...and that is why we are friends. I am sad that you hurt your tailbone, though. We both remember the horrible sledding accident we had a few years back that left us peeing standing up for a while. Oh man, good story though. I am glad that you didn't end up taking the older lady out in front of you.

Deborah & Matt said...

I know you posted this awhile ago, but I will have to tell you the story of when I fell of the treadmill, at a gym, with lots of people to see.
It was early in the morning, the sun was coming up and blinding me in the eyes while I was on the treadmill. So I had my eyes close (don't do that). Well I got thirsty, so I grabbed my water bottle to quench my thirst. Eyes still closed, head tilted back to take a drink and then somehow I am no longer on the treadmill. I landed on my butt about 2 feet behind and to the left of the treadmill. I was laughing so hard and it was soo embarrasing. A runner behind me stopped and asked if I needed help. Just said no and continued to laugh. After a few minutes of self pity I got back up and continued with my work out the treadmill. So moral of story, don't be such a clutz. I guess it must be a Hirschi trait. Love ya.