It's not very often that we are together as a family for a day, so on Sat. we decided to head up to Red Rock. We LOVE it up there! When Aaron and I dated we hiked up there all the time. We definitely have been slacking since we've had kids but we try. I'm becoming the crazy mom though. Ezra loves to climb and explore and it makes me so nervous. It's hard for me to relax up there because I feel like I can't watch him close enough. I know, I'm crazy! Lincoln loved it too. We put him in the backpack but he wanted in on the action. He wanted to climb and hike like his big brother. Unfortunately for him, he still isn't walking so that wasn't really an option. Aaron walked around with him for as long as he could. It was the perfect day to be out there. Oh, there is something I have to document. At the end we had to hike up this nice little hill to get to the car. At the bottom of the hill Ezra is exhausted and hurt his leg, so he will not walk the rest of the way. Since Aaron had Lincoln on his back I gave Ezra a piggy back ride. I didn't even make it half way up the hill and I told Ezra to get off. (Nice, huh) There was no way I could carry him up the hill without killing myself. So I was thinking I would take Lincoln and Aaron would take Ezra but no, Aaron carried both kids up the hill. And not only that, he beat me up the hill. Seriously, that's sad!
October 14, 2009
Red Rock
Posted by Boren Family at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How nice that you could spend a day as a family - I know that you guys don't get to see Aaron very often!
we are going to have to go there sometime.
How fun! What hike did you do? We need a backpack for Luke. Oh but don't worry when we have it... I won't even be considering carrying it! :)
How fun!! It all changes when you become a Mom ;)
Post a Comment