November 10, 2008

Air Show and the rest of the weekend

This weekend we went to the Air Show at Nellis Air Force Base. It was soooo fun! I think Aaron and I enjoyed ourselves more than the kids. I want to be a pilot now. I seriously was in love! I loved the noise. I loved everything about it. I was like a kid at Disneyland. We had to park at the Speedway and we waited in line for a hour to get on the bus. It didn't seem that long though. Then when we finally got there we checked out all the different air craft and then there was a little carnival for kids so we let Ezra go on a few rides. Ezra was not a fan of the noise. He has always been sensitive to noise so we were a little worried how he would do. He actually was pretty good. He would just cover his ears and snuggle into Aaron or the stroller. The noise didn't really seem to bother Lincoln. He just chilled out in the stroller the whole time. I think by the time we left our house and got home it was 5 1/2 hour later so we were all pretty exhausted. Then we had some of Aaron's family over for a BBQ and the boys wanted to wrestle each other. And by boys, I mean the adult boys. We cleared my bedroom because my house is all tile and they needed some cushion. They all wrestled and it was pretty funny to watch. I am happy to say Aaron was the winner! Woohoo! Yeah, don't worry we are slightly competitive in my family. Then on Sunday we went to my brothers ward because him and his wife had to speak in Sacrament and we ended with a family dinner at my parents house. Aaron didn't make it because he had a ton of homework but it was a pretty awesome weekend!

Waiting in line to get on the bus







This was the biggest Air craft I have ever seen!



















Ezra not a fan of the noise
















Lincoln and me hanging out















Thunderbirds















Aaron bust'n a move

4 comments:

Sarah and Jesse said...

YEAH for the Air Show!! Jesse and I have gone for the past few years. I was sad I couldn't go this year but I am glad you guys had fun! And thanks for offering to bring dinner, you are so sweet. But no worries I have been nausa's all weekend and toast is my choice of meal. Jesse seems to be handling that one ok..:)

Marina said...

I love the Thunderbirds! I wish I would have known they were performing.

Anonymous said...

I have actually never been to an air show before. It looks like it was fun! Maybe next time we will have to go!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I am so glad you guys had fun! I am totally jealous! We were planning on going for the longest time, but since my husband rolled his ankle he hasn't been feeling good enough for any outings that involve a lot of walking. Glad you had fun and brought your camera!