January 1, 2011

Another year

Another year is gone. Is it just me or does time seem to go faster the older you get? 2010 was a challenging year for me but with that I have grown a tremendous amount. There was a lot of good that happened too. I am grateful for 2010 because I am happy. It took a while to figure that out but I am happy. I think I could have been a lot happier throughout this year if I was looking in the right direction. I was going through the whole "finding myself" thing again. I think for a couple years I wasn't sure where the Nicole was that I used to know. The problem was, I was looking for the 18 year old Nicole. Not the 26 year old married with 2 kids Nicole. I have come to find that the 26 year Nicole is not a whole lot like the 18 year old. She is better! Which is good but for some reason it took a while for me to realize that. I'm slowly but surely loving who I am. I love where I'm at in life. I love being a mom! I really really love it but it is hard for me to be a stay at home mom. I found myself wanting to get a part time job or to do a little something for me outside of the home. For some reason I thought I was a crappy mom for having those feelings. I thought something was wrong with me. I don't care what people think but being a stay at home mom is hard. Very rewarding but hard! I give props to women who do it forever. So, I decided to go to cosmetology school. I was debating on full time or part time but decided to get it done and over with so full time it is. I actually feel like I am a better mom when I have some me time. When I get home I have more patience, I want to spend all my time with my kids. It's hard and I'm exhausted some days when I get home but it works for me. I'm grateful that Aaron is so supportive. He supports me 100%. He loves me regardless of my faults. What a man:) Well, enough of that. Here are a few of my favs of 2010...

Running my 1st half marathonKids getting older ( actually this is kinda sad:)many lake trips
Our 1st family trip to DisneylandOur trip to San FranciscoAaron graduating1st time hiking Angel's landingand all of our camping trips to Zions and California

3 comments:

April said...

I think most mom's struggle with loosing themselves and wanting more in life than just being a mom 24/7. I know that I do. Being a mom is hard!

I'm glad you had such a great year, you accomplished a lot!

Amy said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I think it is awesome that you realized the best way to be you! Staying home doesn't fulfill everyone the same way. All of my sisters work part time and love it!

J and Heather said...

Yay Nicole!! LOVE YOU and YOU ARE AMAZING!!!