This little guy is 5! Holy cow, where oh where has the time gone? I was thinking back on the day he came into this world and I realized that I have never written down what happened, how I felt and all the events of that day. So, today is that day. Better late than never, right? To start at the very very beginning, I got pregnant a few months after me and Aaron got married. To be completely honest I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea. I was 20 years old and a newlywed. Our plans were to wait a couple years and then start our family. Well, little did we know Heavenly Father had a different plan. The first trimester was not good at all. I was throwing up multiple times a day and I got migraines almost daily. Not cool! Around 12 weeks I was throwing up so much that my throat was raw so naturally I started throwing up blood. One day I decided I had enough! Of course that day had to be a holiday and my Docs office was closed. I called the nurse and she told me to go to the ER and get hooked up to an IV. So, I did and guess what? That pretty much ended my throwing up and migraines. Best idea ever. Things were looking better and I was getting more excited about having a baby. Then one day my side started hurting and it was getting bad fast. I had this pain before and knew right away it was a kidney infection. Went to the doc and got some antibiotics and all was good. Now, things are a lot better! Getting more nervous and excited about baby. Found out it was a boy and we were so excited! We wanted a boy first so that was awesome! I loved feeling him move. And sometimes he would hit me so hard it looked like an alien was inside me. The rest of the pregnancy went well then the last month came and it was hot and I was uncomfortable. When I started my weekly appointments with the doc, I never made any progress. The last appointment before my due date I told the doc this baby needed to get the heck out. I didn't care how, he just needed to come out. I was really uncomfortable. So, we set up an app. for me to get induced on my due date. We went to the hospital Sunday night July 10th to start the process. I was so nervous! I still wasn't even dilated. So, they put that thing in (I don't know what it is called) that softens the cervix. 12 hours later nothing. I think it was around 11 in the morning. But they decided to start me on pitocin anyways. Of course nothing was really happening. I think I dilated to a 1 by like 2. So they upped the pitocin and an hour or 2 later nothing. So they upped it again. My contractions were coming every couple mins and NOTHING! It was so frustrating! So they decided to break my water. OUCH! Then upped the pitocin again. By this time I was in so much pain. My contractions were coming so fast that I barely had time to breath between them. I was checked and guess what I was dilated to a 2. Bust! At this time Ezra's heart beat was dropping dramatically with every contraction and I was in serious need of an epidural. They nurses told me I had to be dilated to a 3 before they could do that. And I wasn't making progress at all. I couldn't handle the pain. It was coming so fast that I didn't have time to recover between the contractions. I think the nurse felt bad for me so she made me dilate to a 3. Like, she did it for me. TMI sorry. It hurt but I could finally get drugs. YAY! Then once the epidural kicked in Ezra's heart beat was getting so low that they were considering a c-section and the fact that I wasn't progressing at all. The doc decided to do a c-section. I didn't want one but by the sounds of it the doc was really worried about Ezra's heart rate and didn't want to risk it. I remember thinking what's wrong with my body and why won't it do what it's supposed to. So, c-section it was. Come to find out Ezra was positioned wrong and that's why I wasn't dilating. He was stuck and we were trying to force him out. The doc said if we would have waited Ezra would have repositioned himself and we probably wouldn't have had a problem. Anywho, before I knew it, the doc was giving Aaron scrubs so we could get started. I started freakin out a little because I was scared to death to get a c-section. I wanted Aaron and my dad to give me a blessing but my dad wasn't there yet. So we waited for him and I got the blessing then we went right into the operating room and started. My doc asked me if I felt anything and I said no. Then he said good I already started. Nice. I was looking at Aaron and he was watching the doc. Then he sat down real quick and then stood back up. Later Aaron told me he sat down because he was feeling a little weak in the knees and then he decided this was his baby and he was going to watch no matter what. A couple mins later I heard a beautiful cry and they announced we had a boy! They showed me Ezra for a second so I could give him a little kiss and then they took him to clean him up. I asked Aaron if they took him out of the room because I couldn't hear him anymore but he was still there. Aaron said he was just lookin around. Everything after that was a blur. I got wheeled into the room. My family and friends were there and I was in shock. Wow, I have a baby! I couldn't believe that my pregnancy was over. We were a family. I'm so glad everything worked out and that he is healthy. That was 5 years ago! Now he has his own personality, opinions, favorite things, his is growing up so fast. He loves spongebob and money right now. HA! He is starting Kindergarten this year and is so excited. I'm a little sad that he is growing up so fast but I am enjoying him. He draws me pictures almost daily and he always picks my flowers. He melts my heart! Ezra, I love you!
July 12, 2010
Where has the time gone
Posted by Boren Family at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I looked at Brayden the other day and thought the same thing - how did he get so big??? It is hard to believe they will be going to school next year.
Wow! Happy birthday! I can't believe he's five either.
I can't believe that was 5 years ago!!! That kid is hilarious. I remember them stretching you and breaking your water thinking it was the coolest thing ever to see. HA! But seriously, no offense but I hope that me pregnancies go alot smoother than Ezra's!!
It just blows my mind to think you have a 5 year old! Wowzers! Happy Birthday Ezra!
What a great story! You and Ezra will be glad you recorded it in the future. I hope he had a happy birthday!!
Post a Comment