July 6, 2010

Camping

Last weekend we went camping up in Zion's National Park. I love it up there! We usually camp there about twice a year. I love that there are so many different types of hikes you can do and there is a river to tube down. It doesn't get much better than that. The only downfall of camping in Zions is there are NO showers. 3 nights of camping = nasty, smelly, grungy and dirty. Well, we did wash up in the river. Gross but you do what you have to. We did Angels Landing one day. If you don't know what that hike is, let me explain... basically the 1st part you are getting up the mountain which isn't bad at all. There are some steep parts but nothing to bad. Then the last half a mile you are walking/climbing up this insane path that is very narrow and at some points you have 1000 ft. drop offs on both sides. You do have a chain to hold on to, so that helps. Freakin scary but awesome! I'm so glad we did it. I LOVE doing something new:) It makes my heart happy even if I did risk my life.Can you tell that we hiked on the side of the mountain?
hanging out at the river And hanging out at our campsite. So relaxing.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Camping is ALWAYS such a nice treat! The kiddos love it, we get to relax, no cell phones are ringing, it is beautiful. The only downside is the stinking thing!