Before you start reading I should warn you, this post is just my thoughts on my life and anything else that pops into my mind. I am all over the place with my thoughts so just be prepared for this to not make a whole lot of sense. Oh and it's going to be long and boring :)
The fam and I moved in with my grandparents the first of Aug. We are very grateful for them for letting us pretty much take over their house. With Aaron taking 6 classes at UNLV and trying to take more at University of Phoenix, he is pretty dang busy. With books, tuition and gas to get down there it is pretty expensive. Living with my grandparents is the best for us financially. It's going to be hard but we are up for the challenge. Aaron decided to change his direction in school. Totally fine but I told him this is the last time he can do that so he is stuck with this decision :) He is now working toward med school to be a neurologist. He is still going to graduate next April/May with his bachelors in Psychology. Then he will still have a few more classes to take of prerequisites for med school. To add on top of Aaron's crazy schedule he just got a job. It might be the greatest job ever. He pretty much gets paid to sleep!
I am... busy! Life is crazy but I am trying to live it up. Part of the agreement with moving in with my grandparents was that I need to help take care of them. I am making dinners, doing the shopping, cleaning the house and so on. I got a membership to the gym for an outlet and also to get in shape. When I am going crazy from the kids and grandparents I can go workout. I am trying to find all the fun things on this side of town to do. Finding some good things and fun parks. Still trying to find a job but I am thinking that taking care of the kids and grandparents is a pretty demanding job so I don't think I need another one.
Ezra started preschool. He loves it. We are currently getting him "tested" to see if he qualifies for the Child Find program. We just finished our last app today. We will see if he qualifies in a week or 2. We went to the speech therapist today and she said he is at a 5 1/2 year old level when it comes to understanding questions and different situations. Ezra is a crack up! He says the funniest things. The other day I took him shopping with me and I was trying on a dress and he said "MOM, you look perfect!" Ha, I should take him shopping with me more often :)
Lincoln is starting to have quite the little personality. He has a temper and it's funny! He growls, screams and grunts anytime he wants something. Such a boy, right! He took his 1st 2 steps last night and then clapped for himself. It was totally cute. I'm thinking he will be walking before Oct. I am not sure I am ready for that.
Life is good! Aaron and I have had few bumps in the road. We were talking the other day and I realized that almost every "plan" we've made hasn't really work out the way we've "planned." I don't even know if that makes sense. Let me explain... When we got married our "plan" was to get pregnant after 2 years but 3 months into our marriage we found out we were going to have a baby a week before our anniversary. We bought a house 5 years ago and "planned" on selling it 2 to 3 years later. Um... yeah that didn't work out. The house had a lot of defects the mortgage more than doubled in one year, so let's just say that didn't work out to "plan." When Lincoln was born things were on our side. Aaron had a great job. I could be a stay at home mom and we were starting to pay off some debt. Our "plan" was to get out of debt have another baby sooner than later and life would be easy and wonderful. Aaron lost his job and we completely changed our "plan." Aaron and I try to pray about all our big decision and we feel like we have done and are doing what Heavenly Father wants us to do. We have learned a lot of life lessons along our journey. I am sure we were supposed to learn these for a reason. Now, I really don't want this to sound like I was complaining. Because I am sooooo grateful that Ezra has been in our life for 4 years. I have learned more from being a mother than I thought was possible and I keep learning everyday. I have learned that when trying everything possible to keep your house and you still lose it, it sucks but there are things in life way more important than owning your own home. I have learned the importance of have a savings and food storage. We lived off of it for months. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my life. Sure, things haven't happened to "plan" but I feel like I am a better person for it.
September 8, 2009
My ramblings
Posted by Boren Family at 11:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I can so identify with you. Things definitely haven't gone the way Chad and I have "planned" either. We continue to try and make the best out of every situation, but we still get down occasionally. I also know what it's like to have a husband who isn't quite sure what he wants to do. Chad changed his major a thousand times. This last time I told him needed to be the last. The hard part is that you want them to be happy doing what they do, but you would like them to finish school eventually too!
We also know how it is to live with people. We live with my cousin who has 6 kids. It is all a lot to handle some days, but it is kind of what we have to do right now. I try my hardest to shrug the bad parts off and stay optmistic - easier said than done.
Good luck with life and know you aren't alone!!!
what a great attitude. Hindsight is always better than forsight or while your going through. And just because you try to plan and it doesn't happen that way doesn't mean your failed. It just means that you needed to learn something important or help other people along the way of another plan that HF has for you. A neurologist though? Wow-ambitious. But FUN and interesting! That is awesome. Best of luck!
I have always heard that "if you want to make God laugh make a plan." This has been very true in our life, we have been a regular comedy act. :)
I"ve been wondering that the updates are. We miss you guys. Let me know how the child find thing goes, I'm curious to hear. Tyson is LOVING preschool. We all need to hang some time soon! Love you guys!
You are doing great! I just always try to remember that no situation is permanent. Good ones don't last, bad ones don't either. What is important is who you have with you and your relationship with the Lord. Seems like you've got it where it counts!
We are going through some of the challenges you went through right now. Good for you for being optimistic about the things in your life that didn't work out according to plan. Rhett my oldest he actually went to child find also and he is going to preschool for free at the elementary school. It's such a good experience for kids that age cause they learn so many things before they enter elementary school. Hopefully life turns out the way you'd like it too!:)
Oh I'm so glad to have your blog! I will be adding you to my list as well. :) You are amazing staying optomistic through all of the trials. I know it wasn't your plan but we are so excited to have you guys in the ward and to get to know you! See you Sunday!
I love your ramblings because this is the only time you ever here them. You are so happy and upbeat all the time you'd never know you had anything to ramble about!! If you ever need a vacation from the house I'm always up for a good time. I think we all need some more girl night party's. How about a chocolate tasting party??? :)
what side of town are you living on now?
Hey Nicole, I need your email so I can add you to our blog. email it to me. cowgirlupem@yahoo.com
Em
Post a Comment