June 17, 2008

Last trip... before the baby

We went to California again last weekend and it was wonderful. Man, I can't get enough of the beach! Our trip started off a little hectic but we finally made it out of town and didn't get to Oceanside until midnight. We had to wake up nice and early because Aaron was running the "mud run." This run has to be one of the funnest 10ks I have ever heard of. I was sooooo jealous that I wasn't running it. It is at Camp Pendleton, which is a Marine Corp base. So, basically it is a run with a bunch of obstacles to go through on the way. You climb up muddy walls, run through tires, cross a river which Aaron said it came up to his chest and a few other things. And at the end you have to crawl through this big mud pit. Now if that doesn't sound like the funnest run then I am not sure what does!!!! Anyways we had to be there nice and early. Ezra wanted to run it so bad too! It was too cute. So he stretched with Aaron, gotta love it. Then cried hysterical when Aaron went to the starting line. We met up with some good friends. It was really good seeing them. It was a really fun to watch all the runners come across the finish line muddy. Once again I was so jealous. I thought for sure I could do the run 8 months prego, right. Ha! It would be hard enough not pregnant. Anyways Aaron did really well and he had so much fun. So, since I couldn't do it and he loved it do much we are going to do it next year.

The rest of the trip we just hung out at the beach. We all had a really good time. It's sad to think it will probably be a while before we got to the beach again.
Ezra loves the beach! Me sporting the 80's beach look! I kinda like it!

6 comments:

Marina said...

I love the muddy pics! I'm glad y'all had a lot of fun. I wish we could make it to the beach.

BTW, I like your 80's look too.

Goodwin Family said...

Fun trip...that's right where my brother served his mission. He even had a time where he was at Camp Pendleton teaching the marines.

I techincally starting blogging around the time Kenzie was born, but just recently became more addicted! I can't believe you're prego with your second. How exciting!

Tashina said...

That Mud run sounds soooo fun! You guys are the cutest!!

I miss the beach.

J and Heather said...

The mud run sounds like so much fun. Where is the mud run located, because I would love to try and do it next year.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Nicole, I am sorry we keep missing each other. When I'm in the nursery, you're not there, and when you're there, I'm not. Hey, I made our blog private, so send your e-mail to moviegirl19 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you an invite!

Anonymous said...

I want to do the mud run! Hey maybe we can all go together next year! That is if I am not Preggo, which I just might be! :) But we will have to do it together one year!