March 5, 2014

mommy stuff

I'm going to start this off on a positive note. At times I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job at this parenting thing. I tell my kids I love them multiple times a day. I hug and kiss them everyday. I take them to fun places even when dad can't come with and I know it will be crazy for me to do it alone all because I know they would have fun. I don't mind when they get muddy, dirty and smelly as long as they are having fun. I let them make messes. I encourage them to use their imagination.I discipline them. I make them do chores. I try to teach as we go about our day. I read them Harry Potter. Come on it doesn't get much better than that. 









So, with that said, sometimes being a mom is hard. Sometimes I make mistakes. I yell. I'm tired. I'm impatient. I get frustrated easily. I might tune my kids out a little more than I should. Some days we watch t.v. and play on electronics for most the day. I have good days and bad days.
Lately, I feel like I've had more bad days than good. Ezra, I feel sorry for you. You are my first. I have no freaking clue what I'm doing and you are the lucky one I get to learn with. Sorry:)
I love this crazy adventure called motherhood. 
Hank loves me I promise

2 comments:

April said...

Awww...you're doing great! My oldest is 16 and driving and I still feel like I have no clue. That's how being a mom is. I know moms in general are way too hard on themselves, including you!

Alli Waldron said...

Ditto! Hang in there!