January 14, 2014

Separation anxiety

It's no secret that my boys like Aaron more than me.This isn't a complaint it just is what it is. I figure if they like someone more than me it should be their dad. So, since we aren't living in two different countries anymore the boys have been in daddy heaven. Life is good for them but heaven forbid Aaron leave the house. The other night Aaron went out with some friends to watch a football game and when he went to leave Lincoln broke down. This is after being with him all day every day since we moved to Grenada. It took a while for him to calm down. Ever since then if Aaron leaves and Lincoln knows he is going to be longer than 10 mins. he breaks down. Aaron left tonight to go study and it took Lincoln 20 mins to calm down. Can a 5 year old have separation anxiety? I feel so bad for Lincoln and Aaron. I know it's hard on Aaron to see Lincs like that. I'm not sure what to do about it yet. Poor kid.

I love this picture because they are standing the same way. Mini Aaron

2 comments:

Amy said...

I bet it's because you were just away from Aaron for so long. I am sure it will go away! How cute is that picture !?!

April said...

Yes, that's completely normal. After Aaron is around for a while they'll stop worrying about him being gone for long periods of time. It's an adjustment period. Hang in there!