August 21, 2012

Life

This month marks 3 years of living with my grandparents. What was supposed to be 1 year will end up being 4 years. We ended up changing our plans which meant more schooling and it just happened to work out for us and my grandparents if we just stayed put. Although this has been 3 of the hardest years ever, we have been blessed tremendously. Yeah, it's not ideal to live with family and sometimes I feel like I need to be dropped off at a mental institution but it works. I'm grateful that I've been able to spend a lot time with my grandparents and that my kids have gotten to know and love them. The whole reason for this post is the other day Aaron, me and the kids were driving in the car and this was our conversation


Lincoln- When we move are grandma and grandpa coming with us
Me- No Lincs. We live with them in their home. They will stay
Lincoln- Why? I want them to move with us.
Ezra- Ha, Lincoln thinks grandma and grandpa are like our parents
Aaron- No, he just loves them and wants them to stay with us
Lincoln- Yeah, I love Grandma and Grandpa


When we moved in, Lincoln just turned 1. This is all he knows. There is a mom, dad, brother, grandpa and grandma. Lincoln loves them and is pretty attached. Ezra loves them but I don't think he is that attached to them because he remembers life before them. My Grandpa is going downhill pretty fast. And I know he isn't going to be around much longer. In all honesty I don't even think he'll make it to Christmas. I hope I'm wrong but that's the reality of it. We've had the talk with the kids about death and how that's a part of life. I just hope my boys can look back on this time and cherish the time they had with their great grandparents. 

2 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

I haven't talked to you in forever!!! Yeah, plans for life change. We moved into this condo thinking we would stay 2-3 years. We've been here 5 and 1/2 years, and it looks like at LEAST 6 more months to possibly almost a whole year more to go. It's crazy to think your little Lincoln is 4! I remember him as such a tiny guy! I saw that you visited Coeur d'Alene. My big brother lives there with his family. He LOVES it. He goes hunting, fishing, and camping to his heart's content. I heard you finished cosmetology school. That is awesome, way to go! I miss you! Keep in touch!

Kristina said...

Gosh you made me cry! Thanks for taking such good care of grandpa and grandma. I wish that my kids knew them better and that we were closer. Thanks!!